Emergency Dentist in Glendale and Phoenix, AZ
Most practices only see scheduled patients during regular hours. Some are willing to fit you in the same day, if they have an opening in the schedule. At Smile Fitness, we have a team dedicated to handling your dental emergencies – 6 days a week. This is all they do, and they bring an unmatched level of expertise to each situation. From severe toothaches to fractured teeth, our Emergency Dental Team swings into action the moment you call.
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
The following are the most common dental emergencies, as well as some first aid information to keep in mind until you are able to reach our office:
- Knocked out tooth (avulsed tooth): Retrieve the tooth, holding it only by the crown, and gently rinse it free of any dirt or debris with warm water. Do not attempt to remove any soft tissue that may be attached to the root. If you cannot place the tooth back in the socket, carefully place it into a small container of milk or saliva. Contact our office immediately.
- Toothache: Gently but firmly floss around the tooth to dislodge any food or debris from the area. Rinse your mouth with warm water. An over-the-counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen may be taken to address discomfort until you are able to see us.
- Cracked tooth: Rinse your mouth with warm water gently, and apply a cold compress to the area to keep swelling to a minimum.
- Broken tooth: A cold compress can be used on the outside of the mouth to reduce swelling and discomfort.
If you are bleeding for more than 15 minutes and cannot get it to stop with firm pressure to the area, contact our office or your nearest emergency room right away. The same is applicable to a potentially broken jaw. To ensure that you reach us as quickly as possible, save the telephone number to our office in your mobile phone’s contact list:
- West Phoenix location: (602) 483-4055
- Glendale & Peoria location: (602) 483-4093
Your Trusted Arizona Emergency Dentist's
We recognize accidents do not happen according to a plan, and we look forward to helping you get back to smiling as soon as possible. Knowing that you have an experienced and reliable emergency dentist in your corner anytime the unthinkable occurs is an invaluable reassurance. If you’d like to learn more about our emergency dental services, please don’t hesitate to contact us today to speak to our team. We’re committed to your health, safety, and satisfaction, and we believe that our values are evident in all that we do. Our Peoria, AZ and Phoenix, AZ dental offices warmly welcome families from throughout the surrounding areas, including Sun City, Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and beyond.